any of various games in which players, simulating combat, use air guns to shoot pellets filled with colored gel at each other
- A game in which players on one team seek to eliminate those on an opposing team by marking them with a water-soluble dye shot in capsules from air guns.
- The dye-filled gelatinous capsule shot from guns in this game.
(countable and uncountable, plural paintballs)
(third-person singular simple present paintballs, present participle paintballing, simple past and past participle paintballed)
- To engage in the sport of paintball.
- To shoot someone using a paintball gun.
- These glasses are also very useful for those who want to participate in military combat sports, play paintball or engage in other sporting activities that may require running through the woods in the dark.
- AOL's How to Take Apart Paintball Goggles for Cleaning will help you not only clean your goggles, but teach you how to safely take them apart.
- You'll want to purchase a pair of goggles that are actually designed for paintball, rather than a pair of simple sports sunglasses.
- If you tend to do better with written instructions, read Taking Care of Your Goggle System from The Paintball Times.
- When you purchase paintball goggles, you can buy a whole set, or you can pick and choose your pieces.