- Oversaw is defined as to have watched over or directed something.
An example of oversaw is to have watched a group of team members complete their project yesterday.
Past tense of oversee.
- Simple past tense of oversee.
Variant of oversee
transitive verboversaw, overseen, overseeing
- to watch over and manage; supervise; superintend
- to catch sight of (a person or persons in some action) secretly or accidentally
- to survey; watch
- Archaic to examine; inspect
Origin of overseeMiddle English overseen ; from Old English oferseon: see over and amp; see