- to take too large an amount of a narcotic, hallucinogen, etc.: often with on
- Informal to experience too much of something: often with on
verbo·ver·dosed, o·ver·dos·ing, o·ver·dos·es
(third-person singular simple present overdoses, present participle overdosing, simple past and past participle overdosed)
- (intransitive) To dose excessively, to take an overdose.
- Be careful not to overdose on those pills.
- She overdosed on cocaine.
- To dose to excess; to give an overdose, or too many doses, to.
- does over