- The definition of orthographic is ideas, sounds and words which are represented with symbols and letters.
An example of orthographic used as an adjective is orthographic projection.
orthographic definition by Webster's New World
- of or characterized by orthography
- Geom. of right angles and perpendicular lines; orthogonal
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- orthographically adverb
orthographic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to orthography.
- Spelled correctly.
- Mathematics Having perpendicular lines.
- orˌtho·graphˈi·cal·ly adverb