- of or characterized by orthography
- Geom. of right angles and perpendicular lines; orthogonal
The definition of orthographic is ideas, sounds and words which are represented with symbols and letters.
An example of orthographic used as an adjective is orthographic projection.
- Of or relating to orthography.
- Spelled correctly.
- Mathematics Having perpendicular lines.
- The invention of vowel-signs of diacritic points to distinguish similarly formed consonants, and of other orthographic signs, soon put a stop to arbitrary conjectures on the part of the readers.
- H is merely an orthographic sign; it is used to indicate that two consecutive vowels do not form a diphthong (vehs raho), and, added to c, it denotes the pronunciation of the guttural c at the end of a word (arnich).