- An example of originally is in the first place you wanted to go to the movies, originally wanted to go.
- An example of originally is saying the movie opened with those two characters in a cafe, it originally opened.
Originally is defined as at first or at the beginning.
- with reference to origin, or beginning
- in the first place; initially
- in an independent or new way
- With reference to origin: originally named Johnston.
- At first: not what I had originally expected.
- In a highly distinctive manner: interpreted the flute solo most originally.
- As it was in the beginning.
original +"Ž -ly