- a person or thing that opens
- any of several devices for opening bottles, cans, etc.
- the first game in a series, the first act in a vaudeville show, etc.
- ☆ Poker cards of sufficient value to allow a player to open the betting
See opener in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One that opens, especially a device used to cut open cans or pry up bottle caps.
a. The player who starts the betting in cards.
b. openers Cards of sufficient value to enable the holder to open the betting.
- The first act in a theatrical variety show.
- Sports The first game in a series.
Learn more about opener