oceanic definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of, living in, or produced by the ocean
- like the ocean; vast
- designating or of the ecological zone () beyond the neritic zone in the ocean
- of or having to do with Oceania
oceanic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or relating to the ocean: “Like many oceanic islands, Bermuda was originally free of all mammals except the bat” (Dwight Holing).
- Produced by or living in an ocean, especially in the open sea rather than in shallow coastal waters.
- Resembling an ocean in expanse; vast: oceanic steppes.
oceanic - Science Definition