- of, living in, or produced by the ocean
- like the ocean; vast
- designating or of the ecological zone (oceanic zone) beyond the neritic zone in the ocean
- [O-] of or having to do with Oceania
- Of or relating to the ocean.
- a. Relating to the open ocean, away from coastal waters: “Like many oceanic islands, Bermuda was originally free of all mammals except the bat” ( Dwight Holing )b. Relating to or inhabiting the ocean waters that lie beyond the continental shelf and exceed 200 meters (656 feet) in depth.
- Resembling an ocean in expanse; vast: oceanic steppes.
(comparative more oceanic, superlative most oceanic)