- of, living in, or produced by the ocean
- like the ocean; vast
- designating or of the ecological zone (oceanic zone) beyond the neritic zone in the ocean
- of or having to do with Oceania
- Of or relating to the ocean.
- a. Relating to the open ocean, away from coastal waters: “Like many oceanic islands, Bermuda was originally free of all mammals except the bat” (Dwight Holing).b. Relating to or inhabiting the ocean waters that lie beyond the continental shelf and exceed 200 meters (656 feet) in depth.
- Resembling an ocean in expanse; vast: oceanic steppes.
(comparative more oceanic, superlative most oceanic)