Foods for good nutrition.
- An example of nutrition is the nutrients found in fruits and vegetables.
- An example of nutrition is eating a healthy diet.
Nutrition is nourishment or energy that is obtained from food consumed or the process of consuming the proper amount of nourishment and energy.
- a nourishing or being nourished; esp., the series of processes by which an organism takes in and assimilates food for promoting growth and replacing worn or injured tissues
- anything that nourishes; nourishment; food
- the science or study of proper, balanced diet to promote health, esp. in human beings
Origin of nutritionMiddle French ; from Classical Latin nutritio, nutricio ; from nutrix, nurse
- The process of nourishing or being nourished, especially the process by which a living organism assimilates food and uses it for growth and for replacement of tissues.
- The science or study that deals with food and nourishment, especially in humans.
- A source of nourishment; food.
Origin of nutritionMiddle English nutricion, from Old French nutrition, from Late Latin n&umacron;tr&imacron;ti&omacron;, n&umacron;tr&imacron;ti&omacron;n-, from Latin n&umacron;tr&imacron;tus, past participle of n&umacron;tr&imacron;re, to suckle; see (s)n&amacron;u- in Indo-European roots.
- (biology) The organic process by which an organism assimilates food and uses it for growth and maintenance.