nth definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- expressing the ordinal equivalent to n
- of the indefinitely large or small quantity represented by n
Origin: ; from (seve)nth, (eleve)nth
nth definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Relating to an unspecified ordinal number: ten to the nth power.
- Highest; utmost: delighted to the nth degree.
Origin: n2, indefinite number + -th3.
nth - Phrases/Idioms
see to the nth degree.
to the nth degreeor to the nth power
- to an indefinite degree or power
- to an extreme