the act of nominating or the fact of being nominated
Origin of nominationME, calling by name from Old French from Classical Latin nominatio from past participle of nominare: see nominate
- The act or an instance of appointing a person to office.
- The act or an instance of submitting a name for candidacy or appointment.
- The state of being nominated.
- An act or instance of nominating.
- A device or means by which a person or thing is nominated.
From Latin nominationem (nominative of nominatio, from verb nominare)