nipper definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- anything that nips, or pinches
- any of various tools for grasping or severing wire, etc. as pliers, pincers, or forceps
- any of certain organs of animals, used in biting, grasping, holding, etc.; specif.,
- an incisor tooth of a horse
- the pincerlike claw of a crab or lobster; chela
- Chiefly Brit., Informal a small boy; lad
- Slang handcuffs or leg irons
nipper definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A tool, such as pliers or pincers, used for squeezing or nipping. Often used in the plural.
- A pincerlike part, such as the large claw of a crustacean.
- Chiefly British A small boy.