- The New York Times is an example of a newspaper.
- News printed daily or weekly and delivered to the homes of readers is an example of a newspaper.
- a publication consisting of folded, unbound sheets of newsprint containing news, editorials, advertisements, etc. and published regularly, typically daily or weekly
- A publication, usually issued daily or weekly, containing current news, editorials, feature articles, and usually advertising.
- See newsprint.
(countable and uncountable, plural newspapers)
(third-person singular simple present newspapers, present participle newspapering, simple past and past participle newspapered)
- To cover with newspaper.
- She newspapered one end of the room before painting the bookcase.
- (intransitive) To engage in the business of journalism (usually used only in the gerund, newspapering)
- He newspapered his way through the South on the sports beat, avoiding dry towms.
- The harrass sense is usually in passive constructions.