- The definition of a newspaper is a printed publication that has timely stories and stories related to a particular subject or theme.
- The New York Times is an example of a newspaper.
- News printed daily or weekly and delivered to the homes of readers is an example of a newspaper.
newspaper definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a publication regularly printed and distributed, usually daily or weekly, containing news, opinions, advertisements, and other items of general interest
newspaper definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A publication, usually issued daily or weekly, containing current news, editorials, feature articles, and usually advertising.
- See newsprint.