- Nazi is defined as something that relates to the German fascist political group founded in 1919, supported by Adolf Hitler and abolished in 1945.
An example of Nazi is the anti-Semitic rule in Germany from 1933 to 1945.
- The definition of a Nazi is a person who belongs to, supports or acts like a member of Hitler's National Socialist German Workers' Party.
An example of a Nazi is Josef Kramer, the man in charge of the gas chamber at Auschwitz Concentration Camp in 1944.
Origin of NaziGerman from Nati(onalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei), party name
- a member of this party
- a supporter of this or any similar party; fascist
- loosely someone regarded as thinking or acting like a Nazi
- A member of the National Socialist German Workers' Party, founded in Germany in 1919 and brought to power in 1933 under Adolf Hitler.
- An adherent or advocate of policies characteristic of Nazism; a fascist.
- often nazi Informal A severely intolerant or dictatorial person: food nazis who want to ban salt in restaurants.
- Of, relating to, controlled by, or typical of the National Socialist German Workers' Party.
- often nazi Informal Severely intolerant or dictatorial: loathed the nazi gym teacher.
Origin of NaziGerman short for Nationalsozialist ( the abbreviation being in part popularized by opponents of the Nazis, perhaps influenced by earlier German regional Nazi awkward, clumsy person ) ( from Nazi Iggy ) ( short for the name Ignatius ) from Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei National Socialist German Workers' Party
(comparative more nazi, superlative most nazi)
- Alternative form of Nazi.
- Auschwitz was a nazi concentration camp.
- Alternative form of Nazi. (member of the Nazi Party)
- The most prominent and well known nazi was Adolf Hitler.
- Alternative form of Nazi. (adherent of a neo-Nazi or similar ideology)
- Alternative form of Nazi. (pejorative: one who imposes views on others)
- I tried to get into the club, but the door nazi threw me out.
- Forming blended nouns denoting people seen as controlling.
- See usage notes at Nazi.
- This term is arguably not a true suffix, since outside of blends it is usually written as a separate word (either nazi or Nazi).