- political relations among nations, esp. as they involve claims and disputes pertaining to borders, territories, etc.
- the Nazi policy of aggressive territorial expansion
Origin of geopoliticsfrom German geopolitik: see geo- and politics
nounused with a sing. verb
- The study of the relationship among politics and geography, demography, and economics, especially with respect to the foreign policy of a nation.
- a. A governmental policy employing geopolitics.b. A Nazi doctrine holding that the geographic, economic, and political needs of Germany justified its invasion and seizure of other lands.
- A combination of geographic and political factors relating to or influencing a nation or region.