- The definition of multilingual is something or someone using many languages.
- An example of something multilingual is a meeting of the United Nations.
- An example of someone multilingual is someone who speaks English, French and Japanese.
multilingual definition by Webster's New World
- of or in several languages
- using or capable of using several languages
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- multilingually adverb
multilingual definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, including, or expressed in several languages: a multilingual dictionary.
- Using or having the ability to use several languages: a multilingual translator.
- mulˌti·linˈgual·ism noun