- of or in several languages
- using or capable of using several languages
- An example of something multilingual is a meeting of the United Nations.
- An example of someone multilingual is someone who speaks English, French and Japanese.
The definition of multilingual is something or someone using many languages.
- Of, including, or expressed in several languages: a multilingual dictionary.
- Using or having the ability to use several languages: a multilingual translator.
(comparative more multilingual, superlative most multilingual)
- Pertaining to multiple languages.
- (of a person) able to communicate fluently in multiple languages
multi- +"Ž -lingual
- This is a multilingual dictionary covering English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Russian, and Turkish.
- Bilingual children are at an advantage in this increasingly multilingual nation.
- The child is bilingual or multilingual, learning two or more languages simultaneously but at a slower speed; the child's combined comprehension of the languages is normal for that age.
- Shiseido the Makeup is the name of their popular cosmetics line that is available all over the world and through their multilingual website.
- Her heritage is also important to the series because her dialogue is multilingual, helping young viewers to learn Spanish vocabulary.