monolingual[män′ō liŋ′gwəl, män′ə-]
- The definition of monolingual is someone who speaks only one language, or something that is available in only one language.
- A person who only speaks English is an example of someone who ismonolingual.
- A book written only in English is an example of a book that would be described asmonolingual.
- Monolingual is defined as a person who only speaks one language.
A person who speaks only English is an example of amonolingual.
- of or in one language
- using or knowing only one language
Origin of monolingualmono- + lingual
Using or knowing only one language.
(comparative more monolingual, superlative most monolingual)