- A huge corporation with 10,000 employees and locations throughout the U.S. and the world is an example of a corporation that would be described as monolithic.
- A sculpture made out of a single large block of marble is an example of something that would be described as monolithic.
- Constituting a monolith: a monolithic sculpture.
- Massive, solid, and uniform: the monolithic proportions of Stalinist architecture.
- Constituting or acting as a single, often rigid, uniform whole: a monolithic worldwide movement.
(comparative more monolithic, superlative most monolithic)
- monolith noun
monolithic - Computer Definition
Single object. Self-contained. One unit.