- A huge corporation with 10,000 employees and locations throughout the U.S. and the world is an example of a corporation that would be described as monolithic.
- A sculpture made out of a single large block of marble is an example of something that would be described as monolithic.
The definition of monolithic is something that is literally or figuratively very large or massive, or something made of a single large block of stone.
- Constituting a monolith: a monolithic sculpture.
- Massive, solid, and uniform: the monolithic proportions of Stalinist architecture.
- Constituting or acting as a single, often rigid, uniform whole: a monolithic worldwide movement.
(comparative more monolithic, superlative most monolithic)
- monolith noun
monolithic - Computer Definition
Single object. Self-contained. One unit.