multicultural[mul′tē kul′c̸hər əl]
- The definition of multicultural is something that incorporates ideas, beliefs or people from many different countries and cultural backgrounds.
When people of different cultures come together to celebrate and share their different traditions this is an example of a multicultural celebration.
- of or having to do with many cultures
- of, having to do with, or advocating multiculturalism
- Of, relating to, or including several cultures.
- Of or relating to a social or educational theory that encourages interest in many cultures within a society rather than in only a mainstream culture.
(comparative more multicultural, superlative most multicultural)
- Relating or pertaining to several different cultures
From multi- +â€Ž cultural.