- of or having to do with various cultures
- of, having to do with, or advocating multiculturalism
When people of different cultures come together to celebrate and share their different traditions this is an example of a multicultural celebration.
- Of, relating to, or including several cultures.
- Of or relating to a social or educational theory that encourages interest in many cultures within a society rather than in only a mainstream culture.
(comparative more multicultural, superlative most multicultural)
- Relating or pertaining to several different cultures
From multi- +"Ž cultural.
- It is often referred to as "The Rainbow Nation," due to its newly-developed multicultural diversity.
- The widespread belief in the robustness of the rule of law in Britain certainly reflects our reputation as a vibrant multicultural democracy.
- The goal of multicultural education is to help students understand and appreciate cultural differences and similarities and to recognize the accomplishments of diverse ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic groups.
- One of her most unique attributes during the season was her modified mohawk hairdo and her multicultural background that made it difficult for other contestants to figure out her nationality.
- Adherents of multicultural educational theory believe that the idea that students should be Americanized, in reality, assumed they should conform to a white, Eurocentric cultural model.