- of or pertaining to culture; specif., of the training and refinement of the intellect, interests, taste, skills, and arts
- of or having to do with a particular culture
- obtained by breeding or cultivation
The definition of cultural is something related to a society.
An example of cultural is an action taken based on a society's traditions.
Of or relating to culture or cultivation.
(comparative more cultural, superlative most cultural)
- Pertaining to culture.
culture + -al
- This gave people a shared set of cultural references.
- All of the grounds have suffered depletion, and cultural methods to maintain the supply have been instituted.
- In virtue of its cultural institutions, it is also the intellectual and artistic centre of Hungary.
- Trees trained to them are easily got at for all cultural operations, space is saved, and the fruit, while freely exposed to sun and air, is tolerably secure against wind.
- When the fungus is grown elsewhere than in the ants' nest it produces gonidia instead of the white masses on which the ants feed, hence it seems that these masses are indeed produced as the result of some unknown cultural process.