transitive verb-·trapped·, -·trap·ping
transitive verbmouse·trapped, mouse·trap·ping, mouse·traps
- Device for capturing or killing mice and other rodents.
- (computing) A website designed to open another copy of itself when the user tries to close the webpage. Frequently used by advertisers and pornographers.
- (business studies) With attribute "better", a hypothetical new or improved product used in economic projections.
- But what happens if they build a better mousetrap?
- (chiefly UK) Ordinary, everyday cheese
- (New Zealand) A slice of bread or toast topped with cheese and then grilled or microwaved.
(third-person singular simple present mousetraps, present participle mousetrapping, simple past and past participle mousetrapped)
- (figuratively) To trap; to trick or fool (someone) into a bad situation.