- the science or practice of making a mold, as in plaster of Paris, of an object, footprint, etc., for use in crime detection
- such a mold
Origin of moulageFrench from MFr, a molding from mouler, to mold from Old French modle: see mold
- A mold, as of a footprint, made for use in a criminal investigation.
- The making of such a mold or cast, as with plaster of Paris.
- A model of a body part, especially a diseased or injured body part, used for educational purposes.
- The use of materials such as molded latex body parts or theatrical makeup to simulate injuries or diseases on a volunteer or dummy, as for use in training emergency response teams.
Origin of moulageFrench from earlier mollage fee for inspection of wood by use of a standard frame from Old French molle mold ; see mold1.