- Motherhood is the state or experience of having and raising a child.
Giving birth to and raising a child is an example of motherhood.
motherhood definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the state of being a mother; maternity
- the character or qualities of a mother
- mothers collectively
motherhood definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The state of being a mother.
- The qualities of a mother.
- Mothers considered as a group.