Origin of morris; from Middle English morys, Moorish
Origin of Morrisvariant, variety of Maurice
- Morris, Gouverneur 1752-1816; Am. statesman & diplomat
- Morris, Robert 1734-1806; Am. financier & patriot
- Morris, William 1834-96; Eng. poet, artist, craftsman, & socialist
Origin of morrisMiddle English moreys (daunce), morris (dance), from moreys, Moorish, from Old French morois, from More, Moor; see Moor.
- (weaponry) A type of pike.
From Morris, the surname of its discoverer.
- An English and Scottish surname derived from the Norman given name Maurice.
- An Irish surname, anglicised from Ó Muirghis.
- A Welsh surname, anglicised from Meurig.
- A male given name, transferred from the surnames, or a spelling variant of Maurice.
- A town in Alabama
- A town in Connecticut
- A city in Illinois
- A town in Indiana
- A town in Manitoba
- A town in Minnesota
- A town and village in New York
- A city in Oklahoma
- A town in Wisconsin