- the act of a person or thing that moors
- the lines, cables, etc. by which a ship, etc. is moored
- a place where a ship, etc. is or can be moored
- beliefs, habits, ties, etc. that make one feel secure
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or an instance of making fast an aircraft or a vessel, as by a cable or anchor.
- A place or structure to which a vessel or aircraft can be moored.
- Equipment, such as anchors or chains, for holding fast a vessel or an aircraft.
- Elements providing stability or security. Often used in the plural: lost their emotional moorings during the war.