- the act of a person or thing that moors
- [often pl.] the lines, cables, etc. by which a ship, etc. is moored
- [pl.] a place where a ship, etc. is or can be moored
- [often pl.] beliefs, habits, ties, etc. that make one feel secure
- The act or an instance of making fast an aircraft or a vessel, as by a cable or anchor.
- A place or structure to which a vessel or aircraft can be moored.
- Equipment, such as anchors or chains, for holding fast a vessel or aircraft.
- often moorings Beliefs or familiar ways of thinking that provide psychological stability or security: politicians who lost their moorings during the war.
- Present participle of moor.