- something that is very small in size or limited in scope, extent, etc., esp. as compared to others of the same kind
very small; specif., much smaller or much more limited than the usual size, scope, extent, etc.
- miniature, very small, very short: miniskirt
- of lesser scope, extent, etc. than usual: used in nonce compounds, often hyphenated: mini-crisis
Origin of mini-from miniature
- Something that is distinctively smaller than other members of its type or class.
- A miniskirt.
Origin of miniFrom mini- Sense 2, short for miniskirt
Small; miniature: minicar.
Origin of mini-From miniature minimum
The prefix mini- (from Latin) used as a noun.
- (trademark) A model of compact car, originally built by BMC in the United Kingdom, and later by BMW.