- a person born or living in Mexico
- Rare Nahuatl (sense )
- A native or inhabitant of Mexico.
- A person of Mexican ancestry.
- 1677: Richard Gilpin, Daemonologia Sacra, or, a Treatise of Satans Temptations, pp. 255-256
- Not unlike to this were thoÅ¿e morÅ¿els of PaÅ¿te, which the Mexicans uÅ¿ed in their Religious FeaÅ¿ts, which they laid at their Idols Feet, conÅ¿ecrating them by Singing and other Ceremonies, and then they called them the FleÅ¿h and Bones of their God Vitziliputzli
- 1782: review of Storia antica del Messico, in The Critical Review: Or, Annals of Literature, vol. 54, p. 144
- The AztecheÅ¿e, or Mexicans, were the laÅ¿t who arrived in Anahuac.
- A person from Mexico or of Mexican descent.
- (US, slang, offensive) A person from, or of descent from, any Spanish-speaking country.
- The Mexican dialect of Spanish.
- (Australia, slang, Queensland) A person from either of the southern states of New South Wales and Victoria.
(comparative more Mexican, superlative most Mexican)
- 1810: review of "Political Essay on the Kingdom of New Spain", in The Eclectic Review
- The language most universally diffused over the new continent, is the Aztec or Mexican.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Mexico.