- any of several spireas; esp., either of two common species (Spiraea alba and S. latifolia)
- any of a genus (Filipendula) of plants of the rose family, with fragrant, white, pink, or purple flowers in clusters
- Any of various shrubs of the genus Spiraea of the rose family, especially S. alba of North America, having tapered clusters of small white or light pink flowers.
- Any of various perennial herbs of the genus Filipendula of the rose family.
- (botany) A Eurasian perennial flowering plant of Rosaceae family, Filipendula ulmaria.
- (botany) A common name for the genus Spiraea of the Rosaceae family, native to the temperate Northern Hemisphere and consisting of about 80-100 species of shrubs.