- Present participle of man.
This person is manning a forklift.
Manning is defined as operating or in control of someone or something.
When you are operating a machine, this is an example of a time when you are manning the machine.
- "Turn that off, Lana," the general ordered in a softer tone as he glanced towards a woman manning the screen on the left.
- They had considered showing Jeffrey Byrne's picture to some of the bike tour workers, especially those volunteers manning the frequent rest stops where every biker would pass sooner or later.
- Manning (1693), and the "Funeral Oration of Marshal Turenne" in H.
- Taking them from north to south, the principal rivers are the Richmond, Clarence, Macleay, Hastings, Manning, Hunter, Hawkesbury and Shoalhaven.
- Manning, and small numbers of British and Boer mounted infantry, Indian and African troops were employed, while an Abyssinian force held the line of the Webi Shebeli.