- ☆ a box or compartment into which mail is put when delivered, as at one's home
- ☆ a box, as on a street corner, into which mail is put for collection
- Comput. the part of an electronic mail system that stores incoming messages for a particular user
See mailbox in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A public container for deposit of outgoing mail. Also called postbox.
- A private box for incoming mail. Also called letterbox.
- A computer file or set of files for the collection and storage of e-mail.
Learn more about mailbox