- a. The process of making a substance temporarily or permanently magnetic, as by insertion in a magnetic field.b. The extent to which an object is magnetized.
- The property of being magnetic.
- The act of magnetizing, or the state of being magnetized
- The magnitude of the magnetic strength of a magnetized object.
Variant of magnetize
transitive verbmagnetized, magnetizing
- to make into a magnet; give magnetic properties to (steel, iron, etc.)
- Rare hypnotize
- to attract or charm (a person), often in an almost hypnotic way
to become magnetic