Variant of linear
- of or relating to a line or lines
- made of or using lines: linear design
- in relation to length only; extended in a line
- designating or of a style of art in which forms are sharply delineated and line is emphasized over color, light and shadow, etc.
- having an effect or giving a response directly proportional to stimulus, force, or input: used esp. of electronic devices
- easy to comprehend because of being logical and not complex
- narrow and uniform in width, as the leaves of grasses
- Chem. having the basic structure of a straight chain
- Math. of or involving terms of a linear equation
Origin: L linearis
- linearly adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.