- Linear measure is defined as a measurement of length.
An example of linear measure is using a yard stick to find out the length of a table.
linear measure definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- measurement of length, as distinguished from volume, weight, etc.
- a system of measuring length, in which 12 inches = 1 foot or one in which 100 centimeters = 1 meter
linear measure definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun In both senses also called long measure.
- The measurement of length.
- A unit or system of units for measuring length.