- Liberality is defined as the quality of spending generously and freely, or of being open to new ideas or different people and lifestyles.
- When you are generous with your money and buy great gifts for everyone all the time, this is an example ofliberality.
- When you are accepting of people of all races, genders, sexual orientations and national origins, this is an example of liberality.
- willingness to give or share freely; generosity
- absence of narrowness or prejudice in thinking; broad-mindedness
Origin: Middle English liberalite from Old French from Classical Latin liberalitas
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. lib·er·al·i·ties
- The quality or state of being liberal or generous.
- An instance of being liberal.