- When you are generous with your money and buy great gifts for everyone all the time, this is an example ofliberality.
- When you are accepting of people of all races, genders, sexual orientations and national origins, this is an example of liberality.
Liberality is defined as the quality of spending generously and freely, or of being open to new ideas or different people and lifestyles.
the quality or state of being liberal; specif.,
- willingness to give or share freely; generosity
- absence of narrowness or prejudice in thinking; broad-mindedness
Origin of liberalityMiddle English liberalite from Old French from Classical Latin liberalitas
- The quality or state of being liberal or generous.
- An instance of being liberal.
(usually uncountable, plural liberalities)
Middle English, from Old French liberalitÃ©, from Latin lÄ«berÄlitÄs (“a noble, kind, or friendly disposition; generosity")