liberality[lib′ər al′i tē]
- Liberality is defined as the quality of spending generously and freely, or of being open to new ideas or different people and lifestyles.
- When you are generous with your money and buy great gifts for everyone all the time, this is an example ofliberality.
- When you are accepting of people of all races, genders, sexual orientations and national origins, this is an example of liberality.
the quality or state of being liberal; specif.,
- willingness to give or share freely; generosity
- absence of narrowness or prejudice in thinking; broad-mindedness
Origin of liberalityMiddle English liberalite ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin liberalitas
- The quality or state of being liberal or generous.
- An instance of being liberal.
(usually uncountable, plural liberalities)
Middle English, from Old French liberalitÃ©, from Latin lÄ«berÄlitÄs (â€œa noble, kind, or friendly disposition; generosityâ€)