- Liberality is defined as the quality of spending generously and freely, or of being open to new ideas or different people and lifestyles.
- When you are generous with your money and buy great gifts for everyone all the time, this is an example ofliberality.
- When you are accepting of people of all races, genders, sexual orientations and national origins, this is an example of liberality.
liberality definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. liberalities
the quality or state of being liberal; specif.,
- willingness to give or share freely; generosity
- absence of narrowness or prejudice in thinking; broad-mindedness
Origin: Middle English liberalite ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin liberalitas
liberality definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. lib·er·al·i·ties
- The quality or state of being liberal or generous.
- An instance of being liberal.