A landfill site.
An example of a landfill is a place designated as the destination of loaded garbage trunks.
- disposal of garbage, rubbish, etc. by burying it under soil or earth
- a place used for this purpose
- garbage, rubbish, etc. so disposed of
- a. A site for the disposal of solid waste in which refuse is buried between layers of dirt.b. The disposal of waste at such a site.
- a. The reclamation of land in low-lying areas by addition of gravel, rubble, or other loose material.b. The material used for such reclamation.
transitive verbland·filled, land·fill·ing, land·fills
(third-person singular simple present landfills, present participle landfilling, simple past and past participle landfilled)