innervate[i nʉr′vāt′, in′ər vāt′]
innervate definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- innervation noun
innervate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
transitive verb in·ner·vat·ed, in·ner·vat·ing, in·ner·vates
- To supply (an organ or a body part) with nerves.
- To stimulate (a nerve, muscle, or body part) to action.
- inˌner·vaˈtion noun
- inˌner·vaˈtion·al adjective
innervate - Medical Definition
- To supply an organ or a body part with nerves.
- To stimulate a nerve, muscle, or body part to action.