- Impulsively is defined as acting or speaking in a manner without planning.
An example of acting impulsively is kissing a stranger at a New Year's Eve party.
Variant of impulsive
- impelling; driving forward
- acting or likely to act on impulse: an impulsive person
- produced by or resulting from a sudden impulse: an impulsive remark
- Mech. acting briefly and as a result of impulse
Origin of impulsive; from Middle French or ML: Middle French impulsif ; from Medieval Latin impulsivus ; from Classical Latin impulsus, impulse