- an impelling or being impelled
- an impelling force
- movement or tendency to move resulting from this force; impetus
- impulse (senses & )
Origin of impulsionClassical Latin impulsio ; from impulsus, impulse
- The act of impelling or the condition of being impelled: “I do not move &ellipsis; unless it be under the impulsion of a third party” (Samuel Beckett).
- An impelling force; a thrust.
- Motion produced by an impelling force; momentum.
- A wish or urge from within; an impulse.
From Old French impulsion, from Latin impulsio.