- The definition of immortality is the ability to live forever.
An example of immortality is a trait possessed by a mythical vampire who can never die.
- The quality or condition of being immortal.
- Endless life or existence.
- Enduring fame.
(countable and uncountable, plural immortalities)
Variant of immortal
- not mortal; deathless; living or lasting forever
- of or relating to immortality
- lasting a long time; enduring
- having lasting fame: an immortal poet
Origin of immortalMiddle English ; from Classical Latin immortalis: see in- and amp; mortal
an immortal being; specif.,
- the ancient Greek or Roman gods
- a person having lasting fame