- The definition of immortality is the ability to live forever.
An example of immortality is a trait possessed by a mythical vampire who can never die.
- The quality or condition of being immortal.
- Endless life or existence.
- Enduring fame.
Variant of immortal
- not mortal; deathless; living or lasting forever
- of or relating to immortality
- lasting a long time; enduring
- having lasting fame: an immortal poet
Origin: Middle English from Classical Latin immortalis: see in- and amp; mortal
- the ancient Greek or Roman gods
- a person having lasting fame
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.