Images created in your mind is imagery.
The definition of imagery is pictures created by the mind or from memory.
An example of imagery is a person remembering what their first pet looked like.
- Now Rare images generally; esp., statues
- mental images, as produced by memory or imagination
- descriptions and figures of speech
Origin of imageryMiddle English imagerie ; from Old French
- A set of mental pictures or images.
- a. The use of vivid or figurative language to represent objects, actions, or ideas.b. The use of expressive or evocative images in art, literature, or music.c. A group or body of related images, as in a painting or poem.
- a. Representative images, particularly statues or icons.b. The art of making such images.
- Psychology A technique in behavior therapy in which the patient uses pleasant fantasies to relax and counteract anxiety.
- The work of one who makes images or visible representation of objects.
- Imitation work.
- Images in general, or en masse.
- (figuratively) Unreal show; imitation; appearance.
- The work of the imagination or fancy; false ideas; imaginary phantasms.
- Rhetorical decoration in writing or speaking; vivid descriptions presenting or suggesting images of sensible objects; figures in discourse.
From Old French imagerie