- plural form of hypothesis
The definition of hypotheses is another spelling for hypothesis, which is an unproven theory or statement.
An example of a hypotheses is the theory of evolution.
- The danger lies not in forming such hypotheses, but in regarding them as final, or as more than an attempt to throw light upon our observation of the phenomena.
- It would be vain to form hypotheses as to the conditions or faculties which make vue a distance possible.
- Bradley and Molyneux discussed several hypotheses in the hope of fixing the solution.
- As a matter of fact, discussions of method and the criticism of hypotheses and assumptions are very rarely found in early economic works.
- Many of the hypotheses of the past put forward - to explain cancer must be discarded, in view of the facts brought to light by the comparative and experimental research of recent times.