- plural form of hypothesis
The definition of hypotheses is another spelling for hypothesis, which is an unproven theory or statement.
An example of a hypotheses is the theory of evolution.
- The danger lies not in forming such hypotheses, but in regarding them as final, or as more than an attempt to throw light upon our observation of the phenomena.
- It would be vain to form hypotheses as to the conditions or faculties which make vue a distance possible.
- Bradley and Molyneux discussed several hypotheses in the hope of fixing the solution.
- There are external historical circumstances and internal literary features which unite to show that the application of the literary hypotheses of the Old Testament to the course of Israelite history is still incomplete, and they warn us that the intrinsic value of religious and didactic writings should not depend upon the accuracy of their history.'
- As a matter of fact, discussions of method and the criticism of hypotheses and assumptions are very rarely found in early economic works.