- grown at home or for local consumption: said of fruits and vegetables
- produced, developed, or appearing within a given area; native: homegrown musical talent
- Raised or grown at home.
- Originating in or characteristic of a locality: “Rock is homegrown music in the United States, evolved from blues and country and Tin Pan Alley” ( Jon Pareles )
- Grown at home.
- Each spring they planted a garden and each summer they enjoyed homegrown vegetables.
- Created or constructed in an informal or amateur manner; done without formal assistance, as from a business, organization, or professional.
- The design, though homegrown, was robust and well planned.
- Raised or brought up in one's own country.