the practice of educating one's child in the home instead of sending him or her to a school
of, relating to, or practicing home-schooling
- Present participle of home school.
- One important factor is that home-schooling families are 97-percent two-parent families, and most home-schooling mothers do not work outside the home.
- Some states may require a state-approved curriculum, conduct home visits periodically, and require that home-schooling parents be certified teachers.
- In addition, many local communities have formed home-schooling associations in which children have many outlets for interacting with their peers.
- Others may not require a parent to have any contact with the state and have no minimum educational standards for the home-schooling parent.
- The most common home-schooling arrangement is for the mother to teach while the father works outside the home.