- Having many hills.
- Similar to a hill; steep.
(comparative hillier, superlative hilliest)
- (of a landscape) Abundant in hills; having many hills.
hill + -y.
- The surface of the township is generally hilly and rocky.
- TUBINGEN, a town of Germany, in the kingdom of Wurttemberg, picturesquely situated on the hilly and well-wooded banks of the Neckar, at its junction with the Ammer and Steinlach, 22 m.
- Situated in a hilly and picturesque region, 2580 ft.
- The rest of this tract is for the most part a hilly, broken country, of moderate elevation, but Monte Amiata, near Radicofani, an isolated mass of volcanic origin, attains a height of 5650 ft.
- Its surface is hilly, and its appearance (in many parts) somewhat sterile, though in the main, and especially in the neighbourhood of Lough Erne, it is picturesque and attractive.