A city of Hawaii on the eastern coast of the island of Hawaii on Hilo Bay, an inlet of the Pacific Ocean. Settled in the 1820s by American missionaries, the city grew as a shipping port, especially for sugarcane, and as a tourist center.x
- largest town on the island of Hawaii, located at the eastern corner of the island.
- The trip also includes daylong stops in the city of Hilo on the Big Island of Hawaii, the whaling village of Lahaina of the island of Maui, the state capital, Honolulu, and the culturally diverse island of Kauai.
- Ports visited include Ensenada, Mexico; Hilo, Hawaii; Kona, Hawaii; Kauai, Hawaii; Maui, Hawaii; and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- The historic district of Hilo on the eastern side of the main island offers an assortment of cultural and scenic places.
- Cruisers will be able to tour Hilo, Honolulu and Lahaina during the two-month long voyage across the Pacific Ocean.
- Hilo, on the island's east coast, is a quieter, more traditional part of the big island of Hawaii.