- of or by persons of high office or rank
- in a high office or rank
- designating a computer language, as BASIC or FORTRAN, making use of conventional (as English) words and requiring translation by a compiler or interpreter
See high-level in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Made up of or carried out by persons having high rank or status: a high-level corporate briefing.
- Being at an elevated level in rank or importance: a high-level official.
- Computer Science Of, relating to, or being a language, such as BASIC or Pascal, in which each instruction or statement corresponds to several instructions in machine language. A high-level language is translated into machine language by a compiler.
Learn more about high-level