- of or by persons of high office or rank
- in a high office or rank
- designating a computer language, as BASIC or FORTRAN, making use of conventional (as English) words and requiring translation by a compiler or interpreter
- Made up of or carried out by persons having high rank or status: a high-level corporate briefing.
- Being at an elevated level in rank or importance: a high-level official.
- Computers Of, relating to, or being a language, such as BASIC or Pascal, in which each instruction or statement corresponds to several instructions in machine language. A high-level language is translated into machine language by a compiler.
- Taking place or existing at a high level, altitude or elevation.
- Of or pertaining to a person of a high social position or high rank within a hierarchy or organization.
- Consisting of such people.
- high-level conference
- (computing, of a programming language) Consisting of relatively natural language-like commands and mathematical notations which, after compilation or interpretation, become a set of machine language instructions.