heart diseaseheart disease
- The early Egyptians had a large base of knowledge on how the heart works, what can happen to it, how to spot the symptoms, and how to treat the problem.
- Heart disease is the major cause of death in the United States.
- Over 12 million people die each year from heart disease worldwide, while 599,413 died in the United States in 2010.
- Causes: Vitamin C and antioxidant deficiency, smoking, diabetes, lung disease, high cholesterol, obesity, hypertention, chronic stress, lack of exercise, air pollution, toxic chemicals, chlorinated water and pesticides
- Heart attacks - shooting pains in the left arm followed by heavy pains in the chest.
- Coronary heart disease - the most common of all types of heart disease. The arteries get smaller, because they are clogged or because of other issues.
- Cardiomyopathy - a deterioration of the heart muscle
- Cardiovascular disease - any disease that affects the heart and blood vessels. This type of heart disease claims the most deaths out of all the various types of heart disease.
- Congestive heart failure - the heart's ability to pump blood is so compromised that the supplied blood flow doesn't meet the body's needs.
- Inflammatory heart disease - inflammation of the heart muscle or the tissue surrounding it.
- Ischemic heart disease - reduced flow of blood to the heart.
- Arrhythmia - an irregularity in the rhythm that prevents the heart from getting enough oxygen-rich blood. Also called "heart murmurs."
- Hypertensive heart disease - high blood pressure
- Pulmonary heart disease - abnormal pressure on the lungs due to an improper flow of blood in that region.
- Rheumatic heart disease - valves of the heart work improperly.
- Tachycardia - heart starts to race at an extremely high pace.
- An example of heart disease is coronary artery disease.
- An example of heart disease is cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle.
The definition of heart disease is a problem with the heart or blood vessels of the heart that cause them not to function correctly.
Facts About Heart Disease
Types of Heart Disease
A structural or functional abnormality of the heart, or of the blood vessels supplying the heart, that impairs its normal functioning.
- In December 1861 symptoms of heart-disease made their appearance, but he was able to carry on his academical work till December 1862.