- a covering for the head; hat, cap, headdress, etc.
- the harness for the head of a horse
- A covering, such as a hat or helmet, for the head.
- An orthodontic brace extending around the head from one side of the mouth to the other, used to reposition the teeth or to restrict the growth of the upper jaw.
- The part of a harness that fits about a horse's head.
- The rigging for hauling or lifting located at the head of a mine shaft.
- Nautical The rigging on the forward sails of a craft.
- (uncountable) Anything worn on the head, such as a helmet.
- The harness that fits on a horse's head.
- The lifting gear at the head of a mine or deep well.
- (nautical) the rigging on the foresail
- (orthodontics) A type of orthodontic appliance attached to dental braces that aids in correcting severe bite problems.
- Vibrant skirts and crisp shirts are paired with traditional Mexican headgear for an ideal outfit for the 5th of May, a day which commemorates a Mexican military victory and has come to be synonymous with Mexican heritage celebrations.
- He was a pioneer in building safety requiring that workers have daily sobriety tests, wear specially-designed headgear - the precursor to today's hard hat - as well as glare-free goggles and wind protection hand cream.
- Headgear attached to braces and usually worn for 10 to 12 hours at night puts pressure on the upper teeth and jaw and influences the direction and speed of upper jaw growth and upper teeth eruption.
- Headgear and Herbst appliances can significantly reduce protrusion of the four top incisors and enable the growing lower jaw to catch up with the upper jaw, eliminating swallowing problems.
- The headgear is very distinctive.