A construction worker wearing protective headgear.
headgear definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a covering for the head; hat, cap, headdress, etc.
- the harness for the head of a horse
headgear definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A covering, such as a hat or helmet, for the head.
- The part of a harness that fits about a horse's head.
- The rigging for hauling or lifting located at the head of a mine shaft.
- Nautical The rigging on the forward sails of a craft.